The Daniel Training Network is committed to training that will help the saints persevere in faithfulness to Jesus through the shakings that the Bible prophesies will occur in the days leading up to the Second Coming. Our desire is to facilitate training for the fruitful exploration of a diverse range of topics that may prove helpful and strategic to the saints as the events of Matthew 24 unfold with increasing intensity in the days ahead. These include but are not limited to:
- Prayer – How do stay-at-home moms with young children facilitate a culture of prayer both individually and with other moms in the midst of flying cheerios and dirty diapers? How do we build a culture of prayer? Where should we build a culture of prayer? What are some practical ways we can keep the First Commandment first – at our jobs, at home, in our family culture? How can our children grow in a life of prayer? How can we effectively coordinate prayer and solemn assemblies on church, citywide, and regional levels? How can we stay anchored in intimacy with Jesus through the coming shakings?
- Church Planting Movements – How can we catalyze church planting movements that are of New Testament-caliber? What are the true implications of the Holy Spirit backing up the gospel with power? What if we only had a short amount of time to train new disciples due to an outbreak of persecution? What would we need to deposit in a first round of disciples in order to catalyze a rapidly-expanding movements whose adherents stay faithful to Jesus through trials and opposition?
- The Message – What is the biblical gospel that the apostles preached? What are the core elements of the gospel? How should a right understanding of the gospel motivate the saints to wholehearted love and obedience?
- Inner Healing and Deliverance – How can we integrate a vision for the Day of the Lord with insights from Spirit-led approaches to inner healing and deliverance? How can we make inner healing training lay-oriented and easily reproducible?
- Jew and Gentile – What is going to happen to the Jewish people in the days ahead? How can we help them in their time of coming crisis? Why does God require that we help them? Why is God administrating His plan among Jew and Gentile the way that He is?
- Judgment – Why is God going to judge the earth? How is God good, loving, and faithful as Judge of the earth? What is God trying to accomplish in our hearts through the coming shakings?
- Compassion – James 1:27 says that “religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” A witness in word only is an empty witness. How can the Body of Christ faithfully serve God’s purposes among the fatherless, the widow, the orphan, the alien, the poor, and the oppressed in this strategic hour in history?
- Persecution – What kind of things has God used historically to sustain His people through seasons of persecution? Why do we believe that the saints will go through the “Great Tribulation”? How do we practically organize ourselves when our buildings are taken away in context to an outbreak of persecution?
- Children/Family – How can parents prepare their children to stay faithful to Jesus through the coming persecution? What kinds of truths do our children need to be anchored to persevere until Jesus returns? How do we train our children to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit?
- Worship – What kind of songs will strengthen the saints for persecution and martyrdom at the end of the age? How can we develop songs that put long-neglected aspects of the biblical gospel – the resurrection of the body, the Day of the Lord, the Messiah’s coming Kingdom, etc. – back in the forefront of the church’s corporate consciousness? How can we detoxify worship songs of Gnosticism (i.e. that our hope as believers is to die and float away to an etherealized “heavenly destiny”) and individualism?
- Practical Preparation – How can we respond and support each other as a community when economic crisis comes and suddenly there is no food in the grocery stores? What plants can we eat from our front yards, and what plants are poisonous to eat? How do we survive if the electricity goes out for weeks or even months?